Thursday, March 26, 2009

LONG ISLAND, NY (2004 - 2006, 2008)

This is the culminating activity of a workshop I did with Lea Abrams at the Ross School. Here the kids are rehearsing for the assembly show where they demonstrated the music they could make on their Native American Flutes.
This is another activity at the Ross School where the students are experimenting with different pieces of bamboo to try to make a musical sound.
This is from the first workshop I did at the Ross School - besides making Native American flutes, we also made a Pan Flute for Lea Abrams, the 4th grade teacher.
I have taught Arts and Crafts at Camp DeWolfe for 3 summers - here are some of the kids with their painted flutes.
I like to teach a beading method which I learned Mexico. It's a traditional method used by the Huichol nation which lives north west of Mexico city.
In this workshop at the Greenport Library I recorded some music for each participant on their flute, and gave them some pointers on how to get the best sound from their flute, and how to develop some melodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment